Europa Cinemas is partnering again in 2022 with the Sofia International Film Festival (10th-31st March 2022) in organising a new AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT & INNOVATION ONLINE LAB with the theme "How can cinemas adapt to the current shifting landscape?"
Due to the sanitary crisis, the Lab will take place ONLINE with 2 sessions of 3 hours each:
TUESDAY 22nd & WEDNESDAY 23rd MARCH 2022: 3.00pm-6.00pm CET
Join in one of the two sessions of Europa Cinemas Online Lab, inviting you to spend some quality Zoom time with about 20 European exhibition practitioners (for each session) to get some perspective on your own context and exchange expertise about how to cope with this evolving cinema landscape and new audience habits.
The Online Lab sessions will be focused on sharing approaches bringing audiences back to the cinemas and finding new ways of engaging them, as well as how to make cinemas attractive in post-Covid times, covering topics such as:
- How to regain the audience’s trust
- Collaborative projects to attract new audiences
- Changing the mindset: how to adapt to the new distribution and programming models
Expect practice-based insights from exhibitors as well as opportunities for smaller group discussions.
The sessions will be hosted by leading exhibition practitioners from across Europe:
- Tuesday 22nd March: Session moderated by Simon Blaas (Director, Cinema Middelburg, Netherlands) co-hosted by Wiktoria Pelzer (Programmer, Stadtkino, Austria) and Simone Moraldi (Project Manager, Area Metropolis 2.0/Fondazione Cineteca Italiana, Italy).
- Wednesday 23rd March: Session moderated by Jure Maticic (Programmer and Cinema Manager, Mestni Kino Domzale, Slovenia) co-hosted by Eva Demeter (Programme Coordinator, Tisza Mozi, Hungary).